Funhouse L-2 (Special Sound) and L-9 (Game)
U6: Version L-9
Date: December 11, 1992
NOTE: This game ROM requires a 2Meg EPROM. To use
a 2Meg EPROM in your game, make sure that your CPU board is
jumpered correctly as follows:
W1 - in
W2 - out
This ROM version works best with a modified L-2 sound ROM.
sound ROM checksums are as follows:
U14 (L-2): E58A
U18 (modified L-2): BA0A
NOTE: It is NOT necessary to upgrade U18 in order to use the
L-9 game ROM. This modified sound ROM, in conjunction with the
L-9 game ROM, provides an enhanced light show for the 'enter initials'
Changes from Funhouse ROM L3 to L9
- When Tournament mode is selected, the mystery mirror always begins the game set to "Quick Multiball"
- During multiball, the "ramp ripoff" detector (that gives you the ball back if a ramp shot goes out the left drain) was still active. 2 Balls could simulate this behavior and cause a free ball. This has been corrected.
- The priority for the "lockup arrival" sound has been raised to be above that of the super dog targets.
- The trap door will not close within several seconds of a lockup hit, to provide a shot into an open trap door anytime the lockup is made. It also will wait for Rudy's hideout to kick out if the ball lands there while it is open.
- A new adjustment called "smart trap door" has been added to allow the trap door to open on the 1st switch following the loop. This will stop the roll-back problem on the door.
- There is a new game adjustment called MIL. + CARRYOVER. If this is set to "YES", then a player that gets a 2nd multiball continues million plus where he left off at the end of the 1st.
- The priority of a super dog target hit has been lowered below the mystery mirror effect, such that the yum-yum super dog display will be cut off by a mirror award.
- The gangway lamps now blink in a timeout sequence faster and faster to give you an idea of how much time is left.
- When a player is posted for entering initials, Rudy, says "Way to go, <name>"
- When Rudy says Good night after enter your initials he is supposed to address the last player to put his initials in. Due to a bug, he always said good night to player 1. This has been corrected.
- When the S-T-E-P standup targets were hit, the lamp effects (both lit and unlit) allocated the start button lamp which caused it to go out momentarily. This has been corrected.
- During the "jackpot instructions" (shoot trap door for 2,000,000), if the timing is wrong, it would scroll the message out while dimmed. The lower line is now forced bright before the scrolling is attempted.
- The trap door now blinks in a "timed progression" to indicate how close it is to a timeout.
- The timing of the lockup arrival sound has been
modified to prevent a re-triggering of this sound.
Funhouse Special Sound ROM L-2
- A special L-2 version of the U18 sound ROM for
Funhouse is available. This sound ROM, when used with game ROM revision L-9,
enables a custom light show, synchronized to the game's music, during the
Jackpot award mode and during high score initials entry.
Show Paypal Cart Contents
© Copyright DMS Pinballs. All rights reserved.
819 Gonzales Drive
Dothan, Alabama 36305
Email DMS Pinballs